Diabetes is a disease caused by high glucose intake, resulting in problems in the production and synthesis of insulin in the body. According to Medline Plus, glucose comes from the foods you eat. And that is the reason why you have to be careful about what you consume—with or without diabetes.
Many foods we eat contain high amounts of glucose, and as a home care service in Upland, California, we are concerned about you. So we have listed some of the foods to add to your diet and what to eat less.
Diabetes patients should avoid these types of food:
- Processed foods, as these are high in sodium, sugar, and other preservatives.
- Foods high in trans-fat and oil can not only cause diabetes but also high blood pressure and heart diseases.
- Food rich in carbohydrates that are not whole-grain.
In contrast, these are the foods recommended for you:
- Fruits and vegetables as always recommended by doctors and dietitians. Include green leafy vegetables like spinach, citrus fruits, and those rich in healthy fats like avocados.
- Foods rich in fiber, such as whole-grain bread and cereals. These are carbohydrates, but you can take them in moderation.
- Protein-rich foods like low-fat milk, beans, and eggs are essential.
Following a strict diet can be beneficial for people at risk or have diabetes. Most importantly, be regularly checked by an Endocrinologist or a diabetic doctor. It would also be helpful to hire a nearby home care provider in San Bernardino, California.
If you are looking for a non-medical home care provider for diabetic patients, Motherly Comfort Home Care LLC is your best choice. We train our caregivers to provide proper care for different conditions. Send us your inquiries now!